#ExAnimoTurns4 and YOU can win
Well hello there ExAnimals
We cannot believe how fast this year is flying. Just the other day the bell was ringing with all the PB’s in the open and now the CrossFit games are already done. August is a busy busy month and we have lots to tell you so keep reading, and find out how you can stand a chance to win a pair of shoes to the value of R2000.
Firstly, let’s talk CrossFit competitions. Folks, we are loving the #ExAnimal spirit lately. LMS had 6 teams taking part and we had a blast at the ProForm Winter WOD. We encourage competition participation, there’s always great energy and camaraderie. Just so you know we have a few comps coming up on the calendar in this last quarter of the year.
- Last Man Standing – Individual – 27- 29 September 2018. A great comp with 3 divisions. Lots of fun and a great way to test your own ability and show yourself what you are made of.
- United We Stand – 12-14 October 2018 in Durban. Teams of 6 – 2 ladies and 4 guys. This is one of the biggest comps in South Africa. If you are keen then chat to us. If you want to come down and support, it’s always appreciated. We hear that Durban is amazing that time of year.
- MiFitness games – 26-28 October 2018 at the ticketpro dome – Teams of 3 – 1 lady and 2 guys. A new comp on the calendar but by the looks of things we expect it to be brilliant
August is also Women’s month, which means the Gorilla Store annual Pink Drive and Skipathon takes place. The way this works… You have 5 minutes to do as many skips as you can (doubles for Rx, singles for scaled). Voila. You can do this any time during August, at any venue. To enter go to www.gorillastore.co.za
There will be an event on our roof on 25 August 2018 from 8-10am (this means that classes will be cancelled this day and there will only be open gym). There are loads and loads of prizes to be won there on the day, and a number of suppliers selling cool stuff. Please come and support, wearing your best pink outfit! Make sure you have entered the Skipathon before-hand
We have the crew from Rocktape coming along to do a taping activation on the Skipaton day as well. Did you know that you don’t necessarily only need to tape your muscles to alleviate an injury? You can actually support your muscles, delay fatigue and prevent injuries as well, so come and see what they have to show us.
Lastly, August is also our favourite month, and we’re about to tell you why… It’s our birthday!!! That’s right. CrossFit Ex Animo turns 4 this August. We are so excited to be celebrating 4 awesome years so we are giving away some prizes. We’re running a joiner special where the first 4 NEW people to sign up for 3 months will receive their 4th month free. We are also giving away a prize for one of our lucky members. All you have to do is refer a friend/s to our birthday special and you could stand a chance at winning a pair of CrossFit shoes to the value of R2000 if they sign up for the joiner special.
Here’s how it works
- Chat to your mates about CrossFit. Tell them how good it is for you, how much fun they can have and mostly how cool we are.
- Share THIS LINK with them
- Get them to sign up for an obligation free beginner class (promise we will be nice)
- When they fill in the form to sign up for the beginner class – there is a field for “who referred you” – tell them to put YOUR NAME there. We then draw a name out of the hat.
- Abracadabra it’s done – we will announce the winner in September. Perfect way to win a new pair of shoes to use at one of the comps we mentioned above.
That’s all from us this time folks. Keep it clean, keep it tidy, and keep having fun!
Stay well #ExAnimals